Summer Tournament Starts Tonight!
The Kenilworth Chess Club's fun, friendly, yet highly competitive Summer Tournament starts tonight at 8:00 p.m.
Here are the rules :
- The entry fee is $5.00.
- The tournament will run from June 13th through August 29th.
- The event is not rated.
- The time control is G/60.
- G/55+5 (delay) may be used if there is mutual agreement between paired players. Increment settings are not allowed.
- You may play anyone who is entered. The first time
you play an opponent, the lower rated or unrated player has White. In
subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
- If both players are unrated or have identical ratings, they toss for initial color.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw, and zero for a loss.
- You may play as many or as few games as you like, but
no more than two in one night. The more you play the more points you
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
Bob Sherry won last year. Other past winners of this popular event include LM Scott Massey (2004), LM Mark Kernighan (2005, 2011), Greg Tomkovich (2006), Ari Minkov (2007, 2010), John Moldovan (2008) and Ian Mangion (2009).
Members Meeting On June 6th
There will be a KCC members' meeting on Thursday, June 6th, starting at
8:15 p.m., to address waning interest in our club and discuss ways to
The input of all current and lapsed members would be most welcome.