Kenilworth Summer Tourney Starts Thursday
The Kenilworth Chess Club's fun, friendly, yet highly competitive Summer Tournament starts Thursday night at 8:00 p.m.
Here are the rules :
- Entry Fee is $5.00.
- The tournament will run from June 14th through August 30th.
- The event is not rated.
- The time control is G/60.
- G/55+5 (delay) may be used if there is mutual agreement between paired players. Increment settings are not allowed.
- You may play anyone who is entered. The first time you play an opponent, the lower rated or unrated player has White. In subsequent games against the same opponent you alternate colors.
- You may not play the same opponent more than four times in the tournament.
- You get one point for a win, one half point for a draw, and zero for a loss.
- You may play as many or as few games as you like, but no more than two in one night. The more you play the more points you can win.
- All games are to be played at the Kenilworth Chess Club during normal operating hours.
- The winner is the person who has the most points at the end of the tournament.
- The prizes are 60% for first place, 30% for second, and 10% for third.
- If there is more than 1 section, you may only play others in your section.
- If both players are unrated or have identical ratings, they toss for initial color.
LM Mark Kernighan won last year and in 2005. Other past winners of this popular, unrated event include LM Scott Massey (2004), Greg Tomkovich (2006), Ari Minkov (2007, 2010), John Moldovan (2008) and Ian Mangion (2009).